Thursday, January 5, 2012

MIL JV Boys Basketball: LAHAINALUNA 51, King Kekaulike 18 - December 22, 2011


The one time I don't pack my laptop with me on my drive to Lahaina is the one day that I really could've used it. It was a good thing I left work early to come to Lahaina as there was apparently an accident on the Pali. The road was closed for a short while, but traffic was backed up.

Originally, the JV girls were scheduled to play at 4:00pm. I got word the night before from my Facebook friend, Danielle Shepherd, one of the coaches for King Kekaulike's JV girls, that they had to forfeit the game because of a lack of players. So I took my time after the varsity boys game at the Civic before heading up to the gym, since the boys game was not scheduled to start until 5:30pm.

Because of the car accident on the Pali, the game didn't start until 7:00pm. During the two hours I was up at the Lahainaluna gym, I could've been on my laptop, uploading the pictures and editing them. Darn it! Precious time wasted!

King Kekaulike played well in the first half, not showing the effects of being stuck in traffic for three hours. At the half, thanks to a last second bucket by Mr. Automatic Sima Galaioa, the Lunas only led 22-17. After halftime, the Lunas turned on the defense. They shut out King K in the 3rd quarter 20-0 to take a 42-17 lead and allowed only 1 point in the 4th quarter, to eventually win 52-18.













No comments:

Post a Comment