Tuesday, January 10, 2012

MIL Girls Basketball: LAHAINALUNA 67, Baldwin 22 - December 30, 2011


ANA'S BACK! Why am I not surprised? Well, I am. Her injury in the game against Kamehameha just two days earlier looked really bad - I thought a season-ender and a high school career ender for the senior. But what I suspected for years and can now confirm is that you never count out Ana Lauese. She is a beast. A warrior. A fighter. Undersized but the hardest worker. Hats off and bow down to Ana Lauese.

She did not start but came in with the second unit. True to her style, she did not play tentative, driving to the hoop and mixing it up. Petiola Tuakoi started at center but was off the mark on her shots, which is surprising since Baldwin's team is undersized.

The Lunas won, but they still allowed 22 points. Not like last year, when Baldwin didn't even sniff double digits against the Lunas all year. I must be spoiled!














My Two Cents

I was joined on the baseline under the basket by a young man shooting a Canon. Turned out it was Paige Casil's younger brother. All right! Next time try shoot Nikon - mo' bettah!

For more photos, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment