Tuesday, January 10, 2012

MIL Girls Basketball: LAHAINALUNA 67, King Kekaulike 24 - January 3, 2012


Happy New Year! Whew! Almost didn't make it to this game. There was an accident earlier in the afternoon near Launiupoko which backed up traffic all the way to Maalaea. I hoped it would clear when I got on the road after work at 5pm, but I should have known better.

Fortunately, because I was late, apparently everyone else was, too. When I arrived at the Civic Center at 6:10, the game should have been over. But it was still in the second quarter as the game started late. This is the second time in as many visits that the Lunas and King K girls have been delayed due to an accident.

The other reason I almost didn't make it to the game was because my body was still recovering from the Lahaina Pali Trail hike that I foolishly tried on Saturday. What was I thinking? I ain't 20 years old anymore. Plus, you just can't do a hike like that without TRYING to get into some kind of shape first! The shin splints and cramps were expected. But by Sunday evening, I could barely bend my knees or lift my legs up  at the hip. Sitting down was painful. Driving was impossible. I spent Monday (a holiday due to New Year's) doing absolutely nothing.

Fortunately, by lunchtime on Tuesday, I was feeling a lot better. Still stiff, but with more range of motion. By the time I got to the Civic Center, I felt strong enough to take my customary position on the floor underneath the basket.

Oh yeah, the game. King K sat out their top player Taylor Fernandez. Still, King K was in it, relatively speaking. The Lady Lunas were not quite hitting their shots. Still they pulled out the win 67-24.


This one made it into the Maui News!

Jade being Jade


Levitation







For more photos, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment