Sunday, December 25, 2011

MIL JV Girls Basketball: LAHAINALUNA 60, King Kekaulike 7 - December 9, 2011



Lahainaluna had its full complement of 7 players suited up for this re-match with King Kekaulike. Although it seemed like Lahainaluna was missing a lot of shots in the first quarter, they still ended up leading __ after 1. The Lady Lunas ended up winning 60-7.















































































My Two Cents

  • I originally did not plan to shoot this game. But my Friday was going by slowly and my wife is on vacation so I decided to take an hour off early and head up to the game
  • It was nice seeing several of the Lady Luna varsity frontcourt players sitting on the bench, encouraging the younger players
  • Instead of taking shots from my usual baseline corner position, I decided to shoot from the frontcourt sideline, floor level. Reason? To get some shots of players as they posted up. Of course, this would make sense if the Lunas played a lot of halfcourt offense. Most of their offense is in transition. Oh well
  • I also took advantage of the layout of King K's gym, shooting from the railings above the floor. I had to deal with the basket support obstructing many of the shots (again, a lot of the Lunas' action is on  lay-ups or rebounds near the rim area). All in all, I still prefer shooting from floor level underneath the basket
For more photos, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment