Monday, December 26, 2011

LAHAINALUNA PADDLING: Meet #1 at Ka Lae Pohaku Beach - December 17, 2011


Today was going to be a very busy day. My wife and in-laws are returning home from the Philippines - their flight arriving around 3:30pm. The awesome husband and son-in-law that I am, my plan is to pick them off, drop them off at their respective homes, then drive off to catch games in Wailuku and Lahaina. Too good, yeah?

Originally, my plan was to catch the Paddling meet at Kahului Harbor. But on Friday, the Maui News reported that the venue was changing to Kihei due to the weather. I had considered Kihei too far for me to go, but after thinking about it, I had nothing else better to do so I decided to head out to Kihei.

Parking was easy to find and the Lunas pitched their tent fairly close to the pier. I found a nice shady spot and decided to hunker down for the duration.

Having never been to a paddling meet before, I tried to figure out the protocol of the event and the order of events. Luckily I brought the Bigma so I was able to get shots of the crews way out on the water. I also tried to get shots of the individuals.

Unfortunately, I only stayed to the conclusion of the JV events and was not able to shoot the varsity. Next time!










For the Maui News article, click here.
For more photos, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment