Thursday, August 2, 2012

WORK COMES FIRST – January 21, 2012

Morning view from my balcony - Kauai Marriott Resort

My day job required me to travel to Kauai for the weekend (yeah, I know it sucks!) to attend a seminar at the Kauai Marriott Resort. Unfortunately, that meant I missed a bunch of Lahainaluna sporting events. Since my Cal Ripken-like consecutive streak was snapped when I missed the basketball games at Kamehameha Maui due to a last-minute top secret time change, it didn’t hurt my pride too much to miss sports this weekend. In addition to attending the seminar, the trip to Kauai was a MUCH-NEEDED break to relax with the wife, and recharge my batteries after a hectic two months of almost daily shooting. And with spring sports around the corner, my schedule wasn’t getting any easier!

My wife and I with Hawaii Supreme Court Chief Justice Ronald Moon (retired)

Having fun with the GoPro going down the kiddie slide

Waimea Canyon lookout


Rare for me to get in the picture

Waterfall in the Wailua River area
 Anyway, the following are links to Maui News articles chronicling the weekend’s sports for Lahainaluna:

1)  Lahainaluna boys basketball pull off a last-second 41-39 win against King Kekaulike on the road.
2)  Lahainaluna girls basketball roll to their 71st consecutive win over King Kekaulike 70-36.
3)  Lahainaluna wrestlers continue their MIL domination on the mat at Kamehameha Schools Maui.
4)  Lahainaluna swimmers compete at Kamehameha Schools Maui – I was looking forward to shooting up there . . . nice vantage points and can just walk over to the gym to catch wrestling. Oh well.
 5)  Lahainaluna paddlers compete at Ka Lae Pohaku beach in Kihei (don’t they have other places to paddle?)


No comments:

Post a Comment