Thursday, January 26, 2012

THE DUNK - January 5, 2012 vs. Maui High


It finally happened. I got to capture a dunk by a Lahainaluna player. Not since the days of Tino Finau and his fellow New Zealander Paulo/Mike have the Lunas been blessed with a person ableThe Dunk was accomplished by none other than Gavin Kahaialii. It happened at the end of the game in the waning seconds. Yeah, it was a blowout and the Lunas were up by 25. Yeah, the game had only seconds left and it was kinda uncool to run up the score and/or dunk on the team while the game was already decided. Still, this is high school. On Maui. Dunking does not happen often, if at all.

I was already getting myself mentally ready to go home. But I decided to keep my camera up and good thing I did. I would've kicked myself if I didn't get it on film. While it is not at its sharpest or focused, the photos still captured this exciting, memorable moment.










Click here for more photos of this dunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment