Friday, September 23, 2011

Girls JV Volleyball: LAHAINALUNA 2, MAUI HIGH 1 September 15, 2011

Sorry for the long delay between postings, even though a lot happened in Lahainaluna sports last weekend. Since coming back from my Seattle vacation, I've been swamped and pre-occupied with work from my day (paying) job and two separate trips to Honolulu for business.

Now that I'm finally able to catch my breath, I can try to get more or less up-to-date with my Blog.


First off, I was finally able to catch part of a girls JV volleyball game. Since the girls' volleyball games are typically scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays, with JV games starting at 4:30pm, it has been virtually impossible for me to catch their games as I work until 5:00pm on weekdays. And with most of their previous matches occurring in Lahaina, and JV matches only going 2 out of 3 instead of 3 out of 5 sets, by the time I make the drive from my job in Wailuku to Lahaina, the JV game is invariably over.

Their match up against Maui High was held at the Maui High gym, which is about a 10 minute drive from my office. Nevertheless, even though I got into the gym and got my camera equipment out and ready by 5:15/5:20pm, they were already the tail end of the 2nd set. Thus, my shots were only of the 3rd and final set (I assume it was the third set because halfway through the 3rd set, the teams switched courts. This typically happens in the final set only.)

I understand that JV girls have been doing very well this season. Hopefully they can stay together and continue to be successful when they join the varsity. Here are some shots from their match.

















For more shots, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment