Friday, November 18, 2011

GO LUNAS!


Tonight the Lunas will face the Waipahu Marauders in a semifinal game of the HHSAA Division II football playoffs. THe game will be played in the hostile environments of Waipahu High School and begins at 7:00 p.m. No Aloha Stadium or OC-16 coverage like what their overrated Division I counterparts will get. But maybe playing in relative anonymity will be a good thing for the young team from Lahainaluna.

I hope to make it to the game in time. I will be there on business anyway and hopefully the business ends on time or, better yet, early! Those who lived on Oahu know that pau hana traffic in Honolulu on a Friday is just plain NASTY! And getting from town to the west side is even nastier! Wish me luck so that I can bring everyone photos from the game.

Still pretty stoked about getting two of my pictures published in the Maui News yesterday in a story previewing tonight's game against Waipahu. Thank you Maui News for using my pictures and giving me credit. Looked good!

Here is the link to the Maui News article.

The Star Advertiser preview of the game is here.

Good luck and safe travels to all the Lunas and supporters making the trip to Oahu. And for all you Lahainaluna ex-patriates on Oahu - you better show up in red and support Big Red! GO LUNAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment