Monday, July 23, 2012

MIL Boys Soccer: LAHAINALUNA 1, Kamehameha Schools Maui 0 - January 17, 2012

Lahainaluna's Noah Camara consoles teammate Jorge Hernandez after an unsuccessful goal attempt
On a night when the Lahainaluna crowd came out 500-strong to support the girls in their final game of the year, the Lahainaluna boys pulled out a 1-0 win over Kamehameha Maui on a dramatic goal in the beginning of the 2nd half by Noah Camara. The boys then held on for the victory. With the win, Lahainaluna took a 4 point (25-21) lead over Baldwin in the boys' standings.

Goalie Gerry Ramirez lays out for the save

Rhys Lendio races past the Warrior defender

Reece Sinenci battles for position

Christian Cadenas unleashes another powerful kick

Battling in the trenches








Shortly after the start of the second half, Noah Camara put the Lunas on top with his first ever goal scored in high school. The 1-0 score stood the rest of the way as the Lunas won by the score of 1-0.


Jonathan Moreida Dela Paz tries for another score late in the game.
My Two Cents

Prior to the match I got a call from the Maui News asking if I was going to be at this game. They wanted to know if I could submit photos of the match to them for the Maui News. I said, "Of course!" Anytime I can get a picture published is great for my ego! Primarily, though, anytime a Lahainaluna athlete can get his or her picture in the paper and recognition for their hard work and achievements, I'm all for that, too.

Having no internet or wireless/mobile capability, I made sure to being my laptop with me. Since the News prefers to have these pictures in ASAP for inclusion in the next days' news, I planned to head over to Barnes and Noble to do some quick downloading, editing and e-mailing of the photos. The following day, my photos made it to the front page of the sports section! Awesome!

For the Maui News article, click here.

For more photos, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment