Friday, May 25, 2012

LAHAINALUNA PADDLING, January 14, 2012



Next on my list of things to do on this very busy Saturday was to go from MIL Swimming at the Kihei Aquatic Center to the beach fronting the old Suda Store in Kihei to get pictures of Lahainaluna's paddling team in action.

The first paddling event I went to back in December, I was only able to catch the JV teams. This time, since I was shooting the swimmers earlier in the day, I planned on getting the varsity.

The crews battled hard and were competitive in most of the races. However, there was one where the mixed crew got into trouble on the turn down the far end and flipped over. Luckily, these paddlers can swim . . . if was me, I would've been dead without a floatie!

Hopefully next year I can make it to more events and at different venues.

Click here for Maui News coverage.

Click here for more photos.




















No comments:

Post a Comment